On March 6th I was nominated by Jasyla of Cannot be Tamed to complete the Liebster Awards questionnaire. I’ll give you 11 facts about me, answer her 11 questions, nominate 5 other bloggers and give them 11 of my own questions.
11 facts about me:
I love cosplay – I’m relatively new to it, but I really want to keep it up!
I’ve been playing video games for most of my life – Warcraft comprises a good third of my life alone.
I adore Studio Ghibli movies; Princess Mononoke is my favourite, but Kiki and Howl come very close.
I have moderate to severe Crohn’s Disease and because of it, I have a giant scar on my stomach from surgery that I’m rather fond of. I’ve been told I would have died if not for that surgery.
I have a dog, and two cats – my dog lives with my parents because our apartment is too small. My dog is named after a nurse from the children’s hospital where I had my first surgery, and my cats are named after Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural.
I have a degree in Geography and Environmental Management and I want to get into working with a conservation authority or the provincial or federal parks systems.
I have two younger brothers.
I really want to get a tattoo.
I’m terrified of heights – but love roller coasters.
I love to write and I’ve had ideas for novels kickin’ around for years now.
I’m one hell of a procrastinator and I will do pretty much anything to avoid actual work.
Jasyla gave her nominees a list of 11 questions to answer, so without further ado:
1. What’s the last song you listened to?
I’m listening to Indie 88 at work and Hozier’s “From Eden” was the song that played when I started this in the morning.
2. When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I’m fairly certain it was to be a veterinarian, but astronaut is a close second.
3. If you could live in any fictional world (from a game, book, movie, whatever) which would it be?
I think I’d most like to live in the world of the “His Dark Materials” trilogy by Philip Pullman. I remember reading and being fascinated by the daemons that were just another part of you. Each person’s daemon takes a permanent form when you reach puberty, and I’m endlessly curious about what mine would be. I kept thinking maybe my daemon would be a cat or something, but as I get older I’m thinking maybe a rat or a raven/hawk.
4. Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, or Baelish?
I love the Starks so much, and I’m still rooting for Arya to come back and wreck shit with Danaerys. A girl can dream, right?
5. Sci-fi or fantasy?
Fantasy. Dragons! Magic! Elves!
6. Do you finish most video games you play (if they have endings)?
Yes, typically. I’ve got a few unfinished games now, but the controls are atrocious so they’re difficult to get into. I don’t usually “100%” finish games, but I’ll get to the end of the major story arc and be satisfied.
7. If you had a superpower what would it be?
I’m so boring but I really would kill for flight. But I don’t mean Superman flight. I want Maleficent flight. I want a giant pair of gorgeous feathered wings that I can use to carry myself around but also look hella cool.
8. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
African or European?
9. What food could you eat every day and never get sick of?
If there were no dietary restrictions – bread. If I could solely subsist off of any type of bread (pumperknickel, warm crusty baguettes, etc) I would be a happy woman. Or maybe I’m just pining for real, fresh bread.
10. What video game character do you most identify with?
I had a lot of trouble with this one. At first I thought about Lara, but that’s only because (for me) she was the first woman who was the star of her own game. Maybe, Commander Shepard from ME2. She’s been thrust into this mysterious war with the Collectors fresh after being brought back from the dead. The game is all about your personal relationships with your crew members – your friends. If you were an asshole, some of them die. If you took the time to nuture those friendships and gain their trust, you can bring every single person back from what was thought to be a suicide mission.
Shepard is all at once an ideal and an achieveable goal. She’s unshakable, but still human. The wonderful thing about Shep is that my Shep is (probably) not be the same as anyone elses. I identify with my Shep, since I played her like myself – my choices, my ideas, my morals.
11. In order to complete a quest would you rather use might, cunning, or magic?
Cunning. If I can get something done sneakily, I’ll do it. If I can avoid actual conflict through using my wit to outsmart others, I’m all for it.
Vidyala of Manalicious
Rhidach of Righteous Defense
Lio from Battle Pet Roundup
Belghast from Aggronaut
Alaron from Fluid Druid
(I just realized I kind of did a BlizzWatch edition. Welp.) If you’ve already been tagged, feel free to ignore this and carry on (or include my questions with the other one!).
Questions for the tagged folks!
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all costs covered, where would you go? (and why!)
2. What is your favourite movie?
3. Coffee or tea? (Or neither?)
4. If you could meet anyone alive or dead, who would it be (people on earth, people from video games, people from books – anyone)?
5. What is your favourite season – spring, summer, fall or winter?
6. If you won an Oscar, what kind of role do you think you would have played? (Or what category would you have won for?)
7. What famous piece of art would you like to see in person?
8. How do you relax and take time for you?
9. Let’s say that the world’s technology suddenly rolls back about 50 years – things just stop working. What would you miss the most?
10. Now let’s jump forward – what technology do you expect (or wish) to see in the next 50 years?
11. You’ve been given complete creative control over the next WoW expansion – what are some things you would implement if there were no limits to cost/production or time?
Thanks again for nominating me, Jasyla. I look forward to seeing everyone’s responses!